


And I hope you are all having a wonderful Easter no matter what you are doing. We are mainly spending time with good friends and family and that's all good. For our Easter present to ourselves we have refurbished our chook pen and acquired 4 chooks. When we moved here 18 months ago we had an old chook house but it needed tidying out and fitting out with perches etc. Alan has also built an enclosure around it (which we have named `Eggs R Us') so they can come out during the day without laying waste to our kitchen garden. You can see in the photos that there are 2 quite large papaya trees which have self seeded in the chookhouse and this is good as it provides shade for the chooks and they in turn fertilise the trees. Makes us feel like real permaculturists - LOL The chooks are a reddy orange colour and all look the same so we have called them Eeny, Meeny, Miney and Mo. 2 of them are laying already and we already have 6 eggs. Woo Hoo. I love chooks, I love everything about them. Its great to have chooks again :)




2 comments:
Chook noise is so comforting - I know why you like them!
Wishing you many eggs for a happy easter breakfast!
Have just read an article by Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall- my organic farming hero- who says that nothing beats real eggs from real hens doing real hen things in a real henyard eating real hen food.
Can't wait to taste those eggs!
Post a Comment