
Our Frameworthy challenge this week was Van Gogh and he is a really interesting artist to research. Van Gogh is one of those artists who is so famous that we think we know all about him but I found out lots of things about him that I didn't know. For example he spent a number of years teaching himself to draw before he started painting. Drawing was something he practised every day. He also never made any money from his Art ( he sold only 1 painting for a very small amount) and in fact he died without knowing the critical acclaim which came later. For me the vibrant colours and the emotion in his work is what resonates. For the challenge I decided to use a couple of quotes from his letters.




1 comment:
I always associate yellow with Van Gogh, probably because of 'Sunflowers'. Lovely!
Post a Comment