Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Very Special Book


I am reading a wonderful book so I am recommending it to all my friends. Of course it is quite likely that you won't enjoy it as much as me :) but I hope you do. First up it has a wonderful title ` The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society', it is a proper hardcover book with one of those built in ribbons to keep your place so it a joy to handle as well as to read. It is fairly short, inexpensive to buy, (less than $20.00 AUD at Big W) and worth every penny. The author, Mary Ann Shaffer, was a lady in her 70's who has since sadly passed away. I'm not going to tell you too much about it except that it is a really special book and is one you will definitely want to keep and not pass on. So note to my sisters, you will all have to buy your own copy :)


It is very cool here today but sunny. I am looking forward to Art Society today as we are doing prints. I am taking along some maidenhair fern to use as a template. Then it is off for lunch with a group of friends. We are farewelling a friend who is moving interstate. Then after that another session of Acupuncture, my last. So I'm off to make a Coffee and then its all systems go.

1 comment:

Kate I said...

The title is very intriguing...I'm going to look out for it!

It sounds like a great art day you have planned and to top it off with lunch, sounds like the perfect day...my favourite kind.

Have fun Helen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...