
August 1 and still a while until what we experience as Spring begins `officially'. There is frost on the ground in the mornings, but I have found that the Jasmine and the Brunfelsia are beginning to flower in our garden and this always means that the weather is changing. It is always interesting reading Blogs from the Northern Hemisphere where I can tell that people are beginning to tire of Summer. It seems like we all want what we haven't got. I really envy people who experience seasons, especially in the Northern Hemisphere where the Festivals like Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving mesh in so beautifully with the right sort of weather, as they were designed to do. I think this gives life a kind of rhythm which must be so settling, especially for children. Here it seems everything is always upside down and for us of course there isn't really a Spring or Autumn. Also winter can be very long and dreary in some places without holidays and festivals to break it up. Ah well - roll on Summer :)




1 comment:
I just love Jasmine...unfortunately it's too cool to grow here. The scent is heavenly!
I'm still quite happy with summer to continue on here for another 10 months or so, (ha ha!) I know that some areas, mostly in the east, have had incredible heat but we've had moderate summer temps with a few cool rainy days here and there. I'll be holding on to summer as long as I can!
Post a Comment