Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mid Summer

So here we are in that hot humid mid- summer time. We spend a lot of time indoors looking out at this time of year. Between mid morning and mid afternoon it is too hot to be out, even if we were to go to the beach. I read lots of books and do my digital art and Alan watches Cricket and tennis. Lewis the Cat lies on the sofa and sleeps all day :) He is not silly. We don't get a lot of work done in the garden although Alan goes out late and mows, or early to light our bonfire which burns all our garden waste like palm fronds which don't compost. We are finding all our herbs are happy in this weather and the chooks are still laying an egg a day as long as we keep the water up to them. I picked a capsicum last night for a pizza so they are doing OK but the rocket (aragula) has run to seed in the heat. We don't even try to grow lettuce. Yesterday Alan took a dozen eggs up to one of our neighbours and came back with an egg plant and some tomatoes. Then this morning another neighbour gave us a jar of pickled beetroot. Its all good :)

5 comments:

Lily said...

Dear Helen,
I love your blog, because you really touch people with your honest communication and it's nice to read what's going on down under - since we have some family and friends there...
anyway, I myself am from Scandinavia...
I am curious, I read in a comment, you posted elsewhere, that you went into a German forrest with combat kit... what was that all about??? Sound definitely interesting!
Anyway... keep up the gtood work with your blog, it spreads klots of happiness!
love, Sarah sofia

patti said...

This artwork is gorgeous Helen. It's so fresh!

Now, what's this about a german forest and a combat kit(!) :)

Taluula said...

My feet are freezing sitting at my computer in the little cubby hole under the stairs. Just thought I would share that with you, even though I really do sympathize with you about the hot, hot weather you have over there. I know when we go abroad on holiday, 2 weeks is definitely enough heat for me, and that's even when I'm doing nothing. How you work in it I will never know.

Anyway all that apart this is a beautiful piece of artwork and I can almost imagine you sitting and looking out of that window.

Ozstuff said...

I saw this at SBG and it was love at first sight. It looks just as good here on your blog. Absolutely beautiful, elegant, creative, artistic, soft, classy ... I could keep adding adjectives but I won't!!

indybev said...

This is a beautiful piece, Helen. Great feeling of depth, and I love the soft, gentle colors. We had a heat wave today too -- it got up to 40 degrees F. (I just had to mention that).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...