Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Digital Technology


I read a great quote recently regarding digital technology which I wanted to share:

`The proper artistic response to Digital Technology is to embrace it as a new window on everything that's eternally human, and to use it with passion, wisdom, fearlessness and joy'
Ralph Lombreglia


I love this take on technology from an artistic point of view. So many in the art world dismiss anything created digitally as being worthless, as if it is somehow cheating to create images and paint with pixels and a camera or a scanner rather than with paint or pastels. I think the concept of a `new window' is wonderful.

This is a photo of a pelican on the Noosa River. I love pelicans and this one did seem to be having an `I hate Mondays' kind of day. I played with the image in PSPX to make a pencil sketch and then added some texture and bubbles. I am really happy with the result. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...